News & Updates
Receive safety tips on your mobile device
- Published: Thursday, 26 February 2015 13:25
You can now sign up and receive via text message, safety tips right from FEMA. Just text the specific keyword such as HURRICANE to 43362 to receive safety tips regarding hurricanes (standard message and data rates apply).
Below is a list of all the disaster specific keywords you can sign up to receive bi-monthly safety tips for:
- Hurricanes: text HURRICANE to 43362 (4FEMA)
- Home fires: text FIRE to 43362 (4FEMA)
- Wildfires: text WILDFIRE to 43362 (4FEMA)
- Tornadoes: text TORNADO to 43362 (4FEMA)
- Earthquakes: text EARTHQUAKE to 43362 (4FEMA)
- Winter storms and extreme cold: text WINTER to 43362 (4FEMA)
- Power outages: text BLACKOUT to 43362 (4FEMA)
- Floods: text FLOOD to 43362 (4FEMA)
- General monthly safety tips: text PREPARE to 43362 (4FEMA)
- If subscribing to more than one list, please send a separate text for each disaster type you would like to subscribe to. There is no limit to the number of lists you can subscribe to.
- Sending STOP will automatically unsubscribe you from all our lists. You can re-subscribe to the list(s) of your choice one-by-one.
You can also use the FEMA text message program to receive a link for the FEMA smartphone app for your specific mobile device. We’ll reply with a link back to your phone’s specific app store.
- Apple devices: text APPLE to 43362 (4FEMA)
- Android devices: text ANDROID to 43362 (4FEMA)
- Blackberry devices: text BLACKBERRY to 43362 (4FEMA)
- For emergencies, call your local fire/EMS/police or 9-1-1.
- FEMA's text message number is 43362. If you receive a text message from another number and they say they are from FEMA, disregard it and report it to the authorities if you feel it is warranted.
- FEMA will not solicit info, ask for personal information, or ask you to donate money to FEMA.
- We will never charge you for text messages, but carrier message and data rates may apply. Your carrier may collect additional data elements; please see their privacy policies for further details.